Golf Tournament Rules
· Anyone needing rules interpretation is deemed to be playing serious golf and will be immediately disqualified.
· Out of bounds markers have been placed at the boundaries of Canada, Oregon, Idaho, and the Atlantic and Pacific Ocean coast lines. Any ball residing within those boundaries is deemed playable.
· Any golf shot landing on any green is considered to be on the correct green – please putt out and continue to the next hole.
· Betting, badgering, talking while your playing companions are swinging and other annoying habits are encouraged.
· Cheating is not allowed.
· Tipping over a golf cart is a two-stroke penalty, driving a golf cart into any body of water is two strokes plus distance.
· Deduct one stroke from your score for each club broken in anger; a broken club is penalty enough for a poor shot.
· As many balls as necessary may be played from the first tee in order to obtain a satisfactory result.
· A ball hitting a tree should be deemed to not have hit the tree. Hitting a tree is simply bad luck and has no place in a scientific game. The player should estimate the distance the ball would have traveled if it had not hit the tree and play the ball from there.
· There is no such thing as a lost ball. The missing ball is on or near the course somewhere and eventually will be found by someone.
· If a putt passes over the hole without dropping in, it is deemed to have dropped. The Law of Gravity holds that any object attempting to maintain a position in the atmosphere without something to support it must drop. The Law of Gravity superseded the Law of Golf.
· The same thing goes for a putt that stops at the brink of the hole and hangs there defying gravity. You cannot defy gravity.
· Same thing goes for a ball that rims the cup. A ball should not go sideways. This violates the Law of Physics.
· A putt that stops close enough to inspire such comments as “you could blow it in” may indeed be blown in. This rule does not apply if the ball is more than 3 inches from the hole because no one wants to make a travesty of the game.
· The winner will not be invited to future tournaments.
· All decisions of
the tournament committee are final.
Copyright 2005-2006 © QualityBargainz, LLC. All right reserved